AIMS & SCOPE
CACTUS – THE TOURISM JOURNAL FOR RESEARCH, EDUCATION, CULTURE AND SOUL is a biannual scientific journal, founded in 2010, edited by the Bucharest University of Economic Studies (Faculty of Business and Tourism, Tourism and Geography Department).
CACTUS Journal offers open-access to researchers and practitioners for the publication of scientific articles in the field of economics, business administration, services, geography and related scientific areas, addressing a variety of research topics relevant at national, regional and international level.
The structural changes in the world economy, with direct effects on service dynamics, in general, and on tourism, in particular, are constantly generating challenges that both researchers and professionals have to address. CACTUS Journal mainly contributes to understanding these changes and trends, providing an up-to-date overview of the scientific practices and approaches.
The journal particularly supports tourism research and aims to discover and harness best practices and the latest and most reliable results. Through its articles, the journal promotes and encourages collaboration and open dialogue between different cultures and research practices, between the academic community and practitioners.
The content of the journal also includes a section devoted to scientific articles written by young researchers – students, master students, Ph.D. students who can disseminate their best research results.
In its continuous process of achieving a prestigious position and high scientific standing in the area of specialized scientific journals, CACTUS-RECS has been indexed and/or listed in several international databases: Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, Open Academic Journals Index (OAJI), International Institute of Organized Research (I2OR) database, Google Scholar, Academic Keys, The Polish Scholarly Bibliography.
CACTUS will publish articles focusing mainly on:
• Alternative tourism products
• Case studies and best practices in tourism governance
• Community involvement in tourism development
• Crisis and tourism
• Destination marketing, management and tourism demand
• Distribution systems and distribution strategies
• Education and training in tourism and hospitality
• Entertainment&Entertainer in tourism
• Entrepreneurship in tourism
• Environmental management of special interest tourism
• Equality, gender and diversity issues in tourism organizations
• Ethical concerns in marketing and management
• Event management in tourism
• Food service marketing and management
• Geography of tourism
• Government perspectives on tourism in higher education
• Health and wellness tourism
• Hospitality - consumer behavior, management, marketing,
• Human Resource – new theoretical perspectives
• International tourism issues - collaborative partnerships
• Local participation in decision making in tourism
• Niche tourism
• Operational management
• Organizational - theory and tourism research, buying behavior
• Special interest tourism marketing and management
• Sustainable tourism
• Tourism technology – competitiveness, management, trends
Online ISSN: 2247-3297